4.10.2011

Blah. Blah. Blah.

Time is flying. I seriously cannot believe it is so close to May, which means it's almost Carmen's 6th birthday. Everyday, I look at her and see something new that has grown or changed. She looks different now, that she's lost her 7th tooth, 4 or 5 have grown back in and it blows my mind how grown up she looks.

I said LOOKS for a reason. She definitely does not act grown up. Lately, she's been acting out and not herself. I dont know if it's related to Daniel or not, but we are on rope's end trying to find a disciplinary tool that will work for her. (And by tool, I don't mean a paddle. Although, we've considered hanging her upside down from the ceiling fan... Kidding.) She has some good days, but for the last month, she spends more time in trouble than laughing and it's sad. She used to be so well behaved. However, she's blowing my mind intellectually.

She's in her home stretch of kindergarten, and is reading at a 3rd grade level and doing math far beyond her years. She can add 3 digit numbers, subtract with ease and do simple math in her head pretty quickly. I am really proud of that girl. I just gave her school permission to test her for the gifted program. I look forward to the results, and to see what kind of tester she might be.

Today, we went and took some Spring/Easter pictures at McDonough Park, even if it wasnt a very productive photo shoot. Carmen wasn't listening and Daniel was fussy. We got a few good shots out of the deal, so that's always nice.

Daniel continues to surprise us everyday. He eats almost anything you put on a spoon, except kiwi. He's not a fan. He is so tall, and so happy. He greets us every morning with a smile and if Carmen's around, he laughs hysterically most of the time. He's sitting up on his own for a few minutes at a time until he gets tired and falls over. He loves to chew on his toes. He is finally sleeping all night. Thank goodness for that.

My heart breaks for him everyday, though. He has pretty bad eczema. We've been to the dermatologist and their advice hasnt worked. He's been on a multitude of creams and nothing seems to work long term. It goes away for a day and is back full force. He spends all night itching and digs himself raw if I dont give him a minimal dose of benadryl. My poor baby. I'm not giving up until we find SOMETHING that at least helps...

We're currently looking to buy a house. I can't wait to have a home of our own. We have really outgrown our little 2 bedroom apartment, even if we are very happy and comfortable here, we're a little cramped. I can't wait to raise Carmen and Daniel in our own home!! I know Eric can't wait to paint our own home! :)

I am looking forward to things to come: Carmen is in both Cheerleading and Ballet. Quite the little over achiever! She has a recital on June 5, and her first football game is at the end of August. I am so proud of my little girl, who shows me every day that she's just not so little anymore. I love her dearly..

Daniel's first Easter will prove for some entertainment, I'm sure. Wonder if he'll get to taste some chocolate? I love my little man so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment